Friday, April 22, 2011

Variety is Good

Where I live is a study in contrasts this time of year.

The scene that greeted me yesterday morning on my way to the bus:



Stunningly beautiful, if a bit saddening since it's late April.



It's an ephemeral beauty, as evidenced by the same spot less than twelve hours later.





Spring is here, even if it is being stubborn about it's appearance.
The vibrantly green grass is proof!

I didn't get bent out of shape about it, despite my intense longing for spring. It was so lovely and I knew it wouldn't last.

The fun of being Minnesotan is getting to use your heat in the morning and the AC in the afternoon.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Good morning!

You will not believe! I have two sets of photos; with snow and without. Just like you.

Amazing!

I was considering a post, but you've done it for me!

It was beautiful wasn't it? Even if it made me swear.

smooches

Sarah said...

We are assuredly on the same wavelength. How could we not be?

That probably also explains why I felt I just had to write that post last night. I felt a similar one percolating in your brain and wanted to beat you to it :)

Lo Lo said...

What is very strange... is that I just KNEW one of you two would post about the weather!! I may not have a blog... but I'm still on your wavelength :)

XOXO

Kal said...

We know up here in the tundra not to believe it's spring until we are well into June.

I miss taking to you during the day. Hope you and B are doing well.