Yes, that's right boys and girls, it's Convergence!
This year was so spectacular it was beyond words. There were more people dressed up than I've ever seen. This despite the soaring temperatures and 90th percentile humidity the first two days of Con.
It's a lot to take in and digest. The first night my costume wasn't done and I was almost grateful in a way, because my makeup would have melted for sure if I had done my full rig. Much more comfortable to walk around in a cotton dress. Some enterprising and hardcore souls were done to the nines regardless, not allowing the muggy and cloying heat of the day and thousands of bodies crammed into one hotel to rain on their parade.
I asked if he was a drow. He told me for copyright purposes
he was a "dark elf". Damn you Wizards of the Coast!
Not the last time I came across some X-men!
Ran into Beast & Wolverine again and had to take a shot.
This Wolverine is almost as yummy as Hugh Jackman!
Sleek Mystique impressed
Not a bad Logan!
This Rocketeer was especially sweet & put
his helmet on in the heat just so I could take a picture
The eyes of this Phoenix were scarily scarlet
Taking pictures is all part of the experience. Every year the people who rent the rooms surrounding the atrium and pool area deck out their temporary pads with different themes. You can visit the House of Toast (and pick up mind-boggling weird combinations on wheat or white bread, like ketchup with coconut), stop by the Mos Icee Cantina (complete with it's very own dead Greedo), dance at Club Nerdtron, get a drink from the dead bar (and tip the nice lady in the coffin)
or take a seat in Captain Kirk's chair, get stuck in the agony booth and then get transported away.
This post-apocalyptic car salesman roomie of mine
has quite the sense of humor
We were both screaming like little girls
but the operator told me Makai's was better
A dead-on Jonathan Frakes look-alike.
I had such a crush on Riker!
Each of the rooms surrounding the pool have little balcony areas on top of their regular room space, and many of the renters go all out in decorating the rooms for the weekend. Beds are removed entirely in most cases or cleverly disguised until the room shuts down (if it ever does).
Standing in the main floor atrium area you can take in a lot of Con all at once.
It was a great first day, and we were definitely coming back for more.
Agent 47 and the post-apocalyptic used car salesman
Some of my nerd herd
Don't cry, we're coming back!
Stay tuned for more pictures and a reveal of my most awesome cosplay for Con!







2 comments:
I'm not into this by any means but I'd go just to see the costumes people have put so much effort into...
It would be worth it to go just for that! Plus there's drinking ;c)
Post a Comment